What is an eco-friendly funeral?
An eco-friendly funeral (also known as ‘green’ or ‘woodland’ funerals) describes funeral services that take a less traditional form and seek to minimise impact upon the world’s natural resources. Environmentally friendly burials will eventually become a part of the natural woodland where it takes place, without disrupting the nature around it.
This option would be ideal for an eco-friendly family or as a personalised way of burying someone who cared about the environment.
Our woodland burial service includes:
- The services of a funeral director, the necessary administration and a full complement of staff
- The removal of the deceased from the place of death to our Chapel of Rest
- Care of the deceased
- Full viewing facilities at the Chapel of Rest
- A solid pine coffin with fittings, three pairs of wooden handles, inscribed name plate and taffeta interior (or another eco-friendly coffin of your choice)
- A hearse and one limousine (seating up to six people)
- An in-memoriam donation to the Woodland Trust