Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel, Wellesley Road, Croydon CR0 9XY Date: : Wednesday 15 May 2019
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Cost: FREE Lunch and refreshments will be provided
Sheila Elliott, of the highly respected Winston’s Wish charity, and Mary Clair Kelly, a skilled integrated Pyschotherapeutic Counsellor, come to help us understand the particular nature of grief as it affects the child or young person. Sheila is Area Manager for Winston’s Wish South East and is their designated Safeguarding Lead. A qualified Social Worker, she worked in Local Authority Children’s Services for 27 years before joining Winston’s Wish in 2014.
Mary Clair, while working as a bereavement counsellor for Cruse Bereavement Care for five years also worked in a secondary school while undergoing training as an Integrated Psychotherapeutic Counsellor. Now she provides therapy for children from a variety of backgrounds in private practice and as a School Counsellor at a state-run boarding school.
Impact of bereavement on children
• Needs of bereaved children
• Identifying bereaved children’s behaviour
• How you can help (including a practical exercise)
• Developing the confidence teachers need to manage a bereavement situation in school
• The special implications for teachers and other school staff
• All attendees will be provided with a certificate of attendance
• This seminar provides up to five hours of Continuous Professional Development
Places are limited so please RSVP by 1 May 2019
To confirm your attendance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org